· Winter Burn Ban ends today HOWEVER the National Weather Service has issued a red flag warning for wildlife risk due to winds today from 10am to 8pm! For more information click here: http://dof.virginia.gov/fire/faqs-burning.htm.
- Have a septic system? Nearly everyone is eligible for a pump out! There aren’t any income requirements, although lower income folks may be eligible for higher cost share rates. For more information:
- Drinking Water Testing Clinics: $50 per sample. See article on page 10 of the newsletter here for details: http://www.culpeperswcd.org/wp-content/uploads/culp-swcd-nletter-02.18.pdf
- Greene, Madison & Orange: Monday May 14, 2018 at 6:30 pm at Madison County HS (To sign up contact Katie Jenkins at 540-948-6881)
- Culpeper & Rappahannock: October 3 (To sign up contact Becky Sheffield at 540-727-3435 ext. 344.)
- Lawn Testing Clinics: FREE Lawn soil test & interpretation! All samples will be due August 10 at your local Extension office. See article on page 10 of the newsletter here for details: http://www.culpeperswcd.org/wp-content/uploads/culp-swcd-nletter-02.18.pdf
- Culpeper: July 30 & August 20 at VFW
- Greene & Madison: August 3 & August 24 at Hoover Ridge
- Orange: August 2 & August 23 at the Ag Research station
- Rappahannock: August 1 & August 22 at Extension office (church next door if necessary)
- Do you have drainage issues in your yard? Want to change your driveway to porous pavers? Want to reduce your mowing & attract native wildlife? We have a cost share program to help you! Contact Richard Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Our Winter 2018 newsletter is here: http://www.culpeperswcd.org/wp-content/uploads/culp-swcd-nletter-02.18.pdf