Spring newsletter online, scholarships to summer camps & college, household well water testing clinic & a new cost share program to address stormwater runoff with native plants, cisterns, green roofs & more!!
- Our Spring newsletter is online! Click here.
- Applications are being accepted for scholarships for college! High school seniors and current undergraduates are welcome to apply. You must live in our 5 county area and intend to major in a field related to conservation — agriculture, environmental science/policy, environmental engineering, etc. E-mail me for questions. Applications are on our website at http://www.culpeperswcd.org/wp-content/uploads/Scholarship-App-16.pdf. Applications are due April 12.
- Applications are also being accepted for scholarships to Holiday Lake Forestry Camp and Youth Conservation summer camps. Click here for details: http://www.culpeperswcd.org/education-programs/summer-camps/. The deadline for Holiday Lake Forestry Camp has been extended to April 15.
- In cooperation with Virginia Cooperative Extension, the District is hosting a household well water testing clinic for homeowners and tenants on September 6. Contact Katie Jenkins at 540-948-6881 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. If you missed the earlier workshop for Culpeper, Rappahannock and Fauquier you can participate in the September one if there is room. However, you must bring their sample to the Madison, Orange or Greene Extension offices
- Are you interested in reducing your mowed area and planting a native garden? We are participating in a cost share for homeowners to create wildlife meadows, install cisterns and raingardens. The program provides an incentive payment for about 75% of costs. If you are in our coverage area contact Richard Jacobs at richardJ@culpeperswcd.org. If you are out of our District contact Stephanie at email@example.com and I’ll forward you to the correct person.
- Our tree seedling sale was a hit! We sold all 3,100 trees from the Department of Forestry nursery. If you would like to get on the first call list for next year email firstname.lastname@example.org.