Hello Soil & Water friends!
- We have changed our soil testing program – now you can mail your sample without attending a meeting! To participate you must pick up a voucher, Extension form and soil box from any Culpeper SWCD or Extension office. You collect the sample & mail it to Virginia Tech and the Lab sends us a bill! Deadline to mail samples is September 15.
- As a reminder, our Dirt and Gravel Driveway Guide is available online: http://www.culpeperswcd.org/wp-content/uploads/Dirt-and-Gravel-Road-BMP-Guide-Final-January-28-2019.pdf.
- Do you know an amazing environmental educator? Nominate them for our Conservation Educator of the Year Award! Email me for details.
- NEW! Regulations passed that will affect hunting in some District member counties: Historic levels of cost share, chronic wasting disease in Culpeper and more in our latest newsletter: http://www.culpeperswcd.org/wp-content/uploads/culp-nletter-06.19-update2.pdf.
- The Fall Envirothon training will be Saturday, November 23 at Graves Mountain Lodge. The 2020 Special Topic is Water Resources Management: Local Control and Local Solutions.