Tree seedling sale, scholarships to summer camps & college, household well water testing clinic & a new cost share program to address stormwater runoff with native plants, cisterns, green roofs & more!!
- Our tree seedling sale has been very exciting! We ordered 3,100 trees from the Department of Forestry nursery. We are out of persimmon and red maple but still have red oak, dogwood, redbud and white pines. They are five of one species for $5.50. Pick up is April 1 or April 8.
- Applications are being accepted for scholarships for college! High school seniors and current undergraduates are welcome to apply. You must live in our 5 county area and intend to major in a field related to conservation — agriculture, environmental science/policy, environmental engineering, etc. E-mail me for questions. Applications are on our website at http://www.culpeperswcd.org/wp-content/uploads/Scholarship-App-16.pdf.
- Applications are also being accepted for scholarships to Holiday Lake Forestry Camp and Youth Conservation summer camps. Click here for details: http://www.culpeperswcd.org/education-programs/summer-camps/.
- In cooperation with Virginia Cooperative Extension, the District is hosting a household well water testing clinic for homeowners and tenants on September 6. Contact Katie Jenkins at 540-948-6881 or email@example.com for more information. If you missed the earlier workshop for Culpeper, Rappahannock and Fauquier you can participate in the September one if there is room. However, you must bring their sample to the Madison, Orange or Greene Extension offices
- Are you interested in reducing your mowed area and planting a native garden? We are participating in a cost share for homeowners to create wildlife meadows, install cisterns and raingardens. The program provides an incentive payment for about 75% of costs. If you are in our coverage area contact Richard Jacobs at richardJ@culpeperswcd.org. If you are out of our District contact Stephanie at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll forward you to the correct person.