November is getting chilly but let’s talk summer camps & spring planting! Current highlights include:
- Classroom teachers! If you’re interested in classroom programs, I have some time in December, January & February. March & April 2020 are already booked.
- Our popular tree sale returns! This year we have: redbuds, VA pine, Honey locust, Common buttonbush, Pin oak and crab apple. The price is the same – 5 of one species for $5. Click here for a flyer.
- Applications for college scholarships are officially online! Due to early ceremonies the 2020 application will be due March 30, 2020. High school seniors and current college students are eligible to apply. The link is here: http://www.culpeperswcd.org/wp-content/uploads/Scholarship-App-20.pdf.
- Summer camps! I would have loved to spend a week outside when I was a teen growing up in Queens! We can send up to two students each to Youth Conservation Camp (July at Virginia Tech) and Camp Woods & Wildlife (Holiday Lake 4-H Center in June). I attended Camp Woods & Wildlife last summer as a counselor. I had a blast and learned so much! Links and details are here: http://www.culpeperswcd.org/education-programs/summer-camps/.
- The Woods & Wildlife Conference returns to the Daniel Technology Center in Culpeper on February 29, 2019! It is shaping up to be a great agenda! Let Adam Downing put you on the list at email@example.com. Registration and info will be updated soon.
- Our Dirt and Gravel Road BMP guide has received the 2019 June Sekoll Media Award from the Virginia Soil & Water Conservation Society! You can find the print version in SWCD, Extension and County planning offices. The link is here: http://www.culpeperswcd.org/wp-content/uploads/Dirt-and-Gravel-Road-BMP-Guide-Final-January-28-2019.pdf.